Raintree Woods Workshops–Fusible Webbing as a Design Tool
Fusible webbing is an iron on glue material that allows you to affix images to your fabric. It is a wonderful tool when small, sharp edges are needed to have that crisp look. Fusible webbing is a temporary solution however to give the fabric integrity, stitching on top is extremely important. This workshop will teach you how to use fusible webbing, such as regular weight Wonder Under, effectively. You will walk away with a small art quilt that will make your family proud! Some supplies are included with the fee. Please note the student supply list below.
*Beginner to Advanced
Supply List for this course:
- 1 yd. neutral color duck cloth
- 2 yds. regular weight Wonder Under or other fusible web
- A bin of scraps, tiny fabric pieces, cut off edges of other projects…
- A few color photos of your surroundings that inspires you
- A sewing machine in good working order–studio machines are available upon request ahead of time
- Basic sewing supplies—straight pins, needles…
- Cutting board, rotary cutter, wide ruler
- 3–4 fat quarters with a specific pattern/picture (ie animals, kitchen tools, trees….)
- 3—4 fat quarters of fabric in the color scheme of your photo—include light, dark, medium & one zinger
- Paper & cloth scissors
- Note-taking materials
- Sack lunch
Cost: $125–Payable upon registration
Workshop Registration Guidelines:
- Register at least 2 days before class.
- Class size limit is 4.
- Class fee due at registration. Payment is online.
- Checks are acceptable but they must arrive at least five days before date of workshop. Email Deborah for mailing address–firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Deborah if you have concerns or questions–email@example.com
- For a refund, cancellation must be done 3 days before the workshop.