Raintree Woods Workshops–Thinking Outside the Block
Using simple shapes and fat quarters of cotton fabric, students will learn how to piece quilt blocks without a pattern. This method, popular with the Gee’s Bend Quilters and other historically significant quilters, is free form and based on simple shapes. Students will end up with eight quilt blocks that can form a base for a new quilt. This method of piecing takes you out of your comfort zone to explore new methods! This method can be done with the machine or by hand. I recommend using a machine to increase productivity level. Some supplies are included in the fee–please note the supply you are responsible for below.
*Beginner to Advanced
- Supply list for this course:
- Let me know if you want to use a studio sewing machine or bring your own.
- Basic sewing supplies (scissors, straight pins…)
- Neutral color cotton sewing thread
- 8–12 fat quarters cotton fabric that relate to one another
- include dark, light, medium & one zinger
- Note taking materials
Cost: $125–Payable upon registration
Workshop Registration Guidelines:
- Register at least 2 days before class.
- Class size limit is 4.
- Class fee due at registration. Payment is online.
- Checks are acceptable but they must arrive at least five days before date of workshop. Email Deborah for mailing address–email@example.com
- Email Deborah if you have concerns or questions–firstname.lastname@example.org
- For a refund, cancellation must be done 3 days before the workshop.