Raintree Woods Workshops–Collage as a Design Tool
Collage–from the French word ‘to glue’–is a visual composition made of several pieces. ‘To glue’ in this context is to stitch fabric elements on top of each other to form a balanced composition. Collage can be a very strong design tool and is an excellent way for an artist to explore their inner voice. In this workshop students will learn how to build a collage while using related design elements. Focus will be on creating components while playing with scraps. Students will walk away with three small compositions that relate. This is a great workshop to strengthen your design & compositional skills.
Fee includes some supplies–please note the student supply list below.
*Beginner to Advanced
Supply List for students:
- Sewing machine in good working order capable of a straight & zigzag stitch–let me know if you want to use a studio sewing machine.
- Basic sewing supplies
- 4–6 fat quarters that relate—include light, medium, dark & one zinger; subtle patterns work best.
- One yard each of light & dark with subtle pattern—for use as a base fabric.
- Ziploc bag of scraps
- 2 yards fusible webbing such as Wonder Under
- Note taking materials
- Sack lunch
Cost: $125–Payable upon registration
Workshop Registration Guidelines:
- Register at least two days before class.
- Class size limit is 4.
- Class fee due at registration. Payment is online.
- Checks are acceptable but they must arrive at least five days before date of workshop. Email Deborah for mailing address–email@example.com
- Email Deborah if you have concerns or questions–firstname.lastname@example.org
- For a refund, cancellation must be done 3 days before the workshop.
- Back to Raintree Woods Studio main page.