Raintree Woods Workshop–Intro to Art Quilts
If you are intrigued by art quilts but feel intimidated, then this class is for you! This workshop will bring you insight, fun & success. The goal is to design a small (12” to 18”) art quilt using the collage approach and fusing. Design and compositional elements will be the starting point for the project. Some supplies are included with the fee–please note the student supply list below.
*Beginner to Advanced
Supply List for this course:
- 1 yd. neutral color duck cloth
- 2 yds. regular weight Wonder Under or other fusible web
- A bin of scraps, tiny fabric pieces, cut off edges of other projects…
- A few color photos of your surroundings that inspires you
- A sewing machine in good working order; a walking foot is helpful and often needed to quilt through many layers successfully–let me know at registration if you want to use one of the studio sewing machines.
- Thread; something variegated for quilting works well
- Basic sewing supplies—straight pins, needles…
- 3—5 fat quarters of fabric in the color scheme of your photo—include light, dark, medium & one zinger
- Paper & cloth scissors
- Note-taking materials
Cost: $125–Payable upon registration
Bring a sack lunch!
Workshop Registration Guidelines:
- Register at least two days before class.
- Class size limit is 4.
- Class fee due at registration. Payment is online.
- Checks are acceptable but they must arrive at least five days before date of workshop. Email Deborah for mailing address–firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Deborah if you have concerns or questions–email@example.com
- For a refund, cancellation must be done 3 days before the workshop.